Topics may include:
– Indigenous women’s activism
– Migrant women’s activism
– Suffrage and anti-suffrage activism
– Imperial, transnational and cross-border networks and influences
– Labour and trade union activism
– Lesbian organizations and activism
– Peace activism
– Feminisms of the West: maternal, agrarian, eugenic
– Breaking Barriers: Education, Vocations, Professions
– Voices, Words, Thoughts: Diaries, Letters, Memoirs, Oral Histories of Activist Women
– Other topics and themes welcome
Please note we welcome papers and panel submissions on activism from the late 19th century to contemporary times.
Please submit proposals electronically to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb. 29, 2016.
Individual paper proposals should consist of a title and an abstract of 250 words, and a short bio. Proposals for a panels are welcomed. Panels should be made up of three papers and a facilitator. Panels submissions should include one-page abstracts and a short bio for each participant, as well as a title for the session and a 250 word abstract for the session.